June 14, 2010

Welcome Summer! (I think)


It's not officially summer yet but when the thermometer reads over 100 degrees I think it's safe to say summer has arrived. 

We have been doing well and having fun, hence, the absence of posts lately. 

We are reaping the fruits of our labor from our vegetable garden, i.e. fresh tomatoes, chillies, jalapenos and squash.  I just took a pic of some tomatoes before they fulfilled their destiny in some fresh salsa!


The kids have been going to swimming lessons and enjoying the pool.

don't mind the towel we are cardinal fans (don't tell hubby)

We went to stay at a beach house in Ocean Side celebrating my brothers and sis in law's 10 year wedding anniversary.  Congrats!

 alexa

 me and my honey

ocean side, ca sunset

strawberry farm picking

one for the road

I've also started doing Insanity workout's trying to burn those last 10 stubborn pounds.  Gotten addicted to having Shawn T yell out me! Dig deeper! And the workouts are totally insane - I am not a person that sweats much ever instead I mostly get red {see tomatoes above} so I feel so excited to actually have some sweat dripping down my head when I'm done with the workouts.   

Been trying to clean, declutter and organize although with 3 kids at home it's a slow process. 

Alexa has just been enjoying having her brother and sister home from school to keep her company and busy playing also called making a mess. 

Went to our convention in Tucson, AZ and went exploring/hiking/swimming in Sabino Canyon, which we all loved.  The best was hearing my daughter say, 'I can't believe I'm actually swimming in a river!" And watching all of them have fun under a waterfall!  Hard to believe there even is one in Arizona.


 trailing down almost four miles

 under a rare arizona waterfall


  an amusing sign 


The following picture is special to me because back when Alexa had her surgery in February we stayed at the local Ronald McDonald house that was right next to this mountain.  At the time it was snow capped and from the dining area you had a great view of it.  Because of our circumstances (being in hospital 24/7) we did not get to enjoy this side of Tucson nor the view.  We have been going to conventions every summer but always staying near the airport.  So this time we decided to stay at a hotel located north of down town close to the RMD house. We finally got to explore the area and enjoy the view. 
hotel view

We are now getting ready for a trip back to the beach and our first trip to Disneyland with Alexa!

And a trip to visit Austin, Texas before summer is over to visit our possible new home town ~ actually really curious about Georgetown, Texas too so if any one of you have lived there or been there would love to know what you think of the area.  

I really think we should just begin to live out of a suitcase because I'm getting quite tired of packing, unpacking and repacking.

So that's it for now folks. It's dinner time!
From Blogger Pictures

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Michelle!! It is so nice to see you guys enjoying time together as a family. You all deserve so much happiness!!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Enjoy

Blogger WidgetsRecent Posts Widget for Blogger