March 2, 2010

Thanksgiving ~ Update 9

I am laying next to my peaceful sleeping Alexa.  The time 1:30 a.m.  This means she is 18 months today!  Her heart rate is 110, oxygen saturation 100%!  I can hear the shuffle of the nurses outside our door.  The bubbling water in the humidifer for her nasal canula. The room is dark, only lit by the color of the monitors tracking her vitals.  I am missing my other children.  Missing our home.  But yet, I am just so very thankful, so very humbled, so very over joyed and reflectful.  I cannot find words adequate to describe my appreciation to God for helping us through these trials.  It is amazing to me that my baby has endured now 3 heart surgeries in her short life.  It is amazing to me that she is doing so great! I just feel complete love in my heart for God, for caring for her, us, and the many caring doctors, nurses, family and friends he has surrounded us by.  I've seen lot's of suffering in the hospital. Seen many families come and go. Seen many happy endings and some sad.  I have cried for strangers babies and wondered how many tears both of sadness and joy have been shed within these walls.  All I know for sure is that God love and cares for all of us, we are his creation, his little children.  And I have faith that soon he will bring justice and make things right for all.  And so in honor of God, Jehovah God, I share the words below:

Isaiah 59:1 - "Look!  The hand of Jehovah has not become too short that it cannot save
nor his ear become to heavy that he cannot hear". 

Isaiah 41:9 - "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. 
Do not gaze about for I am your God.  I will fortify you.  I will really help you. 
I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness."

I believe.

8 comments:

  1. Very sweet!! Those levels are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for all of you!!! It sounds like she Alexa is doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear Alexa is making such great process. Praying all goes well today. ~Angie Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops... meant to write progress. She is in my prayers. ~Angie Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! Nothing feels as good as seeing 100% ~ we are so very happy for you and for Miss Alexa!

    Big Hugs,

    Josie Kurz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Besos para todos hermanos.En especial para Alexa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very happy your little girl is getting better!!

    I have a baby 1,5 months with TGA, he went to surgery! and is at home!

    Like you said Someone look after us!

    All the best for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that Alexa is doing well.

    Still praying for her continued recovery!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Enjoy

Blogger WidgetsRecent Posts Widget for Blogger