March 3, 2010
Maybe Home ~ Update 10
We are sitting in Alexa's room waiting to find out if she will be allowed to go home today. They were a little concerned she seemed to desat a bit while asleep but I think it was a combination of a bad connection, her pulse ox pressing on my leg, being covered by a blanket and her having some phlem she did not cough out. Other than that she seems to be doing well and in good spirits. As I wrote this the nurses came in to remove her central line and her IV. So she is not longer connected to anything yucky, just the sticker leads on her back and the pulse ox. Her surgeon, Dr. T came to take a peek at her early this morning and told her to get ready. Everyone is pretty sure we will be going home but there is no official okay or discharge orders so we are in limbo. Dr. T had another surgery today so we must wait till he is out for more info. For now we will let Alexa keep playing and walking around. We have one foot out the door, packed some stuff up yesterday night but I was still nervous about the PICU monster making a comeback to our room. My hubby said he is gone now, so I hope so. Sleeping at home tonight would be just a marvelous dream come true.